The 1930s-era roof over the Library helps protect over 30,000 rare and irreplaceable books, artworks and illustrations, sculptures--and our dedicated library staff & volunteers! The 1950s-era roof on the Auditorium keeps audiences safe and dry for concerts, film screenings, lectures and Q&As with authors & artists from around the globe, magic lantern shows, demonstrations on alchemy and perfume making, Zoom presentations and much more.
Both are in need of some serious TLC.
Our fundraising goal to restore and repair the Library and Auditorium roofs is $100,000.
We’ve already raised over $50,000 of that.
And – we have a remarkably generous $25,000 Matching Grant from an anonymous donor, matching donations dollar-for-dollar!
Can. You. Help. Us. Raise. $25,000 More????
GIVING TUESDAY lands on November 29th but we encourage donating anytime during November & December until our campaign ends on December 21st!
The Philosophical Research Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit cultural institution founded in 1934 by scholar and prolific author Manly Palmer Hall as a repository of multicultural wisdom sources and a center of learning. With a campus designed by noted architect Robert Stacy-Judd and later designated a historical-cultural site by the City of Los Angeles, PRS is “dedicated to the ensoulment of all arts, sciences, and crafts.”
Since 1934, PRS has continually offered public programs for all lovers of wisdom on a vast array of topics presented by luminary speakers. The campus includes an auditorium, bookstore, lecture room, library, and art gallery, all of which facilitate a full calendar of events. The PRS School fosters a worldwide community of seekers through its courses, and the Society continues to issue new editions and anthologies of Manly Hall’s work.
The Philosophical Research Society 3910 Los Feliz Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90027 323.663.2167 info [at] prs.org
BOOKSTORE & HANSELL GALLERY: Tuesdays-Fridays: 12-6 pm & during events LIBRARY Fridays: Open to the Public 12-6 pm
THE PHILOSOPHICAL RESEARCH SOCIETY IS A LOS ANGELES-BASED, NONPROFIT CULTURAL INSTITUTION FOUNDED IN 1934 AS A REPOSITORY OF MULTICULTURAL WISDOM SOURCES AND A CENTER OF LEARNING WITH A UNIQUE LIBRARY CONTAINING OVER 30,000 RARE VOLUMES. ITS HISTORIC LANDMARK BUILDINGS ARE OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND PRESENT SEMINARS, CLASSES AND CONCERTS ON MYTHOLOGY, THE HUMANITIES AND METAPHYSICS.